Buccal Fat Pad Excision in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers Buccal Fat Pad Excisions to patients who desire a younger, fresher look.
If you’re unhappy with round, chubby cheeks, as a result of weight gain or a genetic disposition, or if you’re seeking a more defined appearance, a buccal fat pad excision may be an appropriate procedure for you.
The buccal fat pad excision procedure involves removing buccal fat pads, or areas of fat in the lower cheeks. Through a quick, minimally invasive procedure, Dr. Giampapa can remove the excess fat, reducing the cherubic, soft, and round appearance, and leaving you with a more sculpted facial contour.
For a consultation to find out which minimally invasive facial surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for a Buccal Fat Pad Excision in New York City and New Jersey?
Only a consultation with Dr. Giampapa can tell you whether a buccal fat pad excision is the right solution for you. However, here are a few questions before your consultation that will help you determine whether you’re a candidate for the procedure:
- Do you have excess fat in the cheeks that give the appearance of “chipmunk cheeks”?
- Do you desire a more sculpted or chiseled face?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the buccal fat pad procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During your appointment, your doctor will review your medical history with you and address any questions or concerns you may have before exploring your options to accomplish your goals for aesthetic surgery. If you and your physician come to the conclusion that a buccal fat pad excision is the best option for you, he will provide instruction about how to prepare for surgery, along with information regarding local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if a buccal fat pad excision is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Buccal Fat Pad Excision in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Buccal Fat Pad Excision
To prepare for your buccal fat pad excision procedure, you’ll be asked to do the following:
- Refrain from tobacco use for several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that could potentially increase the risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your buccal fat pad excision you can expect the following to occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for the operation and answer any last minute questions you may have.
- Local anesthesia will typically be administered for your comfort during the procedure. Talk to your doctor if you desire general anesthesia, as it is rarely necessary.
- A small incision is made inside the mouth, and the fat is removed using forceps or surgical tweezers. The amount of fat removed is based on each patient’s individual needs.
Your Recovery After a Buccal Fat Pad Excision
- Because buccal fat pad excision can be performed with a number of other procedures such as rhinoplasty, facelift, or cheek augmentation, the recovery time can vary. However, recovery for buccal fat pad excision alone is quick and uncomplicated.
- Your doctor will instruct you to consume a liquid diet for the first 24 hours after surgery while the mouth heals. Afterwards, you should maintain a soft diet for the next five days.
- The sutures that are used to stitch up the incision will dissolve on their own.
- Swelling may cause the cheeks to appear similar to the way they looked before the operation for five-ten days. However, after three weeks, most of the swelling will have died down, and results should be more noticeable.
Facial Surgery Options Available in New York City and New Jersey
So you can look and feel your best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following facial surgery procedures in New York and New Jersey:
- Chin Augmentation
- Eyelid Surgery
- Fat Transfer to the Face (“Stem Cell Facelift”)
- Malar Fat Pad Facelift
- Neck Lift
- G String Neck Lift
- Suture Suspension
- Neck Enhancement
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of a Buccal Fat Pad Excision in New York and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify facial procedures as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!October 15, 2014