Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers eyelid surgery to patients who desire a fresh look.
If your eyes always seem to look tired even when you are well rested because you have developed bags underneath them, eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, can give your eyes a more youthful and refreshed appearance. While this minimally invasive procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia by most surgeons, Dr. Giampapa can perform the surgery using only local anesthesia. To enhance the appearance of your eyes even more, you may also want to consider having a brow lift along with your eyelid surgery.
Plastic Surgery Center Internationale performs the following types of eyelid surgery:
For a consultation to find out which facial surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether eyelid surgery is the right solution for your concerns, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate for eyelid surgery:
- Are you concerned about your eyes looking tired or do the bags under your eyes bother you?
- Is your facial skin and tissue healthy?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the eyelid surgery procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery. If both you and the physician decide that eyelid surgery is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if eyelid surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Eyelid Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your eyelid surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your eyelid surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- Once the anesthesia takes full effect, your eyelid surgery begins. The location of the incision depends upon whether the doctor is repairing your upper eyelid, the lower eyelid, or both areas.
- For upper eyelid surgery, the incision is made in the eyelid crease, which hides any scarring.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision site is just under the eyelash line.
- The next step of the procedure involves the doctor removing any pockets of extra fat and tissue, repairing and tightening the connective tissues and muscles in the eyelid area, and removing any excess skin.
- The doctor then closes the wound with dissolvable sutures or tape. Our staff then transfers you to the recovery area for observation until the effects of the anesthesia dissipate.
After you have recovered from the procedure, and the doctor approves your departure, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection, special eye treatments, and pain control medicine. Most people find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments. When your get home, you will need to apply cold compresses to your eyes to minimize swelling. After ten days, when most of the swelling disappears, you’ll be able to go back to your normal activities with refreshed, younger looking eyes.
Facial Surgery Options Available in New York City and New Jersey
So you can look and feel your best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following facial surgery procedures in New York and New Jersey:
- Brow Lift
- Traditional Brow Lift
- Endoscopic Brow Lift
- Chin Augmentation
- Fat Transfer to the Face (“Stem Cell Facelift”)
- Malar Fat Pad Facelift
- Neck Lift
- G String Neck Lift
- Suture Suspension
- Neck Enhancement
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify eyelid surgery as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014