Gynecomastia in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, treats gynecomastia via male breast reduction for patients who desire a fresh look.
Some men develop large breasts, a condition doctors refer to as gynecomastia, which can be a cause of embarrassment and loss of confidence and self-esteem for those affected by it. Some of the causes of male breast overdevelopment include the following:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Certain medications, such as tricyclic antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, and drugs to treat heart conditions
- Liver or kidney disease
- Thyroid conditions
- Obesity or being overweight
Dr. Giampapa offers surgical correction for gynecomastia for men who have not been able to reduce the size of their breasts by other means.
For a consultation to find out which cosmetic plastic surgery for men procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Which Men Are Candidates for Gynecomastia Correction in New York City and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether surgical correction for gynecomastia is the right solution for your concerns, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate:
- Have attempts to reduce your breast size by diet and exercise failed?
- Are you are bothered by the size of your breasts?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery.
If both you and the physician decide a gynecomastia correction procedure is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if a gynecomastia correction procedure is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Gynecomastia Correction Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Gynecomastia Correction Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your gynecomastia correction surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
- Arrange for transportation home after the procedure since you may still be under the effects of the anesthesia.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your gynecomastia correction surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- If the cause of your gynecomastia is too much fatty tissue, the doctor will use liposuction to remove the fat. This procedure involves inserting a thin tube through a small incision, which is then moved in a back and forth motion to loosen the fat that is then suctioned out of the body.
- For men whose large breasts are caused by excessive glandular tissue, the doctor will make an incision around the pigmented area surrounding your nipple. He will then excise the extra tissue and sculpt the remaining tissue. If needed, he will then reposition the nipple and reduce the size of the areola.
- The doctor then uses sutures to close the incision.
Downtime after gynecomastia correction surgery is about one week and involves mainly post-surgical swelling, minimal bruising, and mild discomfort. You may need to wear a compression garment during the post-surgical healing process.
Other Plastic Surgery Options for Men in New York and New Jersey
So everyone can look and feel their best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following plastic surgery procedures for men in New York and New Jersey:
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of Gynecomastia Correction in New York City and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify gynecomastia correction as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014