Breast Lift in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers breast lifts to patients who desire a fresh look.
As some women get older, gravity takes its toll on their breasts, which causes them to sag as their weight pulls them lower on a woman’s chest. Both pregnancy and breastfeeding can have the same effect as the skin loses some of its elasticity. If you are similar to many women who experience these challenges, you want to find a way to bring your breasts back up to the position they were when you were younger.
Fortunately, Dr. Giampapa of the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers women a minimally invasive solution to drooping breasts. Modern breast lift surgery involves very little damage to surrounding tissues, which reduces your recovery time significantly. For women who not only want their breasts to sit higher but also desire them to be fuller, Dr. Giampapa can insert breast implants at the same time.
To find out more about the benefits of breast lift surgery, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 to speak to a caring and knowledgeable team member or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Giampapa.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery in New York City and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether breast lift surgery is the right solution for your concerns about the appearance of your bust line without a medical evaluation, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate for breast lift surgery:
- Are you self-conscious about the position of your breasts? Do your nipples fall below the crease of your breasts?
- Are you a non-smoker or do you plan to quit soon?
- Do you plan to maintain your current healthy weight?
- Are you realistic about the differences breast lift surgery can make in your life?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery. If both you and the physician decide that breast lift surgery is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if breast lift surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Breast Lift Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Breast Lift Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your breast lift surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
- Some women may need to have a baseline mammogram before their surgery.
- Arrange for transportation home after the procedure since you may still be under the effects of the anesthesia.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your breast lift surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- Once you are under the effects of the anesthesia, the doctor will make an incision around your areola and, if necessary, extend it to your breast crease.
- The doctor then lifts and sculpts your breast tissue, repositions your nipple, and removes any extra skin. If indicated, a drain may also be inserted before the doctor closes the incision.
- The final step of the procedure is to close the wound, suture it, and apply dressings. At this point, the team will transfer you to the recovery room.
Your Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
After you have recovered from most of the sedation, and the doctor approves your discharge, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection and pain control medicine. Most women find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
As your breasts heal from surgery, you’ll need to wear a special support bra 24 hours a day. Most of Dr. Giampapa’s patients report they feel well enough to return to work about five to seven days after surgery. After about 14 days, you can resume a light exercise routine, and rigorous workouts can be resumed after four to six weeks.
With breast lift surgery, you’ll see the difference in your figure immediately after surgery. As the swelling dissipates, the improvements in your breast appearance will become more pronounced, while still looking natural.
Other Breast Enhancement Options in New Jersey and New York City
Some of the other breast enhancement procedures offered by Dr. Giampapa at the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale include the following:
The Cost of Breast Lift Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify breast lift surgery as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014