Breast Reduction in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers breast reduction surgery to patients who desire a fresh look.
Often when a woman’s breasts are very large and out of proportion with the rest of her body, she is not only uncomfortable with her appearance, but also has to live with back, shoulder, and neck pain. This chronic discomfort stems from the strain on the muscles from the excessive weight of the breast tissue. Dr. Giampapa recommends minimally invasive breast reduction surgery as a solution to the pain caused by the weight of oversized breasts, which will also bring your bust line into proportion with the rest of your figure.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery in New York City and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether breast reduction surgery is the right solution for your concerns about the appearance of your bust line and/or your discomfort without a medical evaluation, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate for breast reduction surgery:
- Does the weight of your breasts cause pain due to the strain on your back?
- Do you avoid exercising due to concerns related to the size of your breasts?
- Do you feel self-conscious about the size of your breasts?
- Does the weight of your breasts drag them lower as it causes your skin to stretch?
- Are you bothered with recurrent or persistent skin irritation underneath your breasts?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery. If both you and the physician decide that breast reduction surgery is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if breast reduction surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Breast Reduction Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Breast Reduction Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your breast reduction surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
- Some women may need to have a baseline mammogram before their surgery.
- Arrange for transportation home after the procedure since you may still be under the effects of the anesthesia.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your breast reduction surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- Once you are under the effects of the anesthesia, the doctor will make an incision around your areola and, if necessary, extend it to your breast crease.
- The doctor then removes the excess fat and tissue from your breasts, sculpts the remaining tissue, and excises any extra skin.
- If indicated, a drain may also be inserted before the doctor closes the incision.
- The final step of the procedure is to close the wound, suture it, and apply dressings. At this point, the team will transfer you to the recovery room.
Your Recovery after Breast Reduction Surgery
- After you have recovered from most of the sedation, and the doctor approves your discharge, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection and pain control medicine. Most women find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
- As your breasts heal from surgery, you’ll need to wear a special support bra 24 hours a day. Most of Dr. Giampapa’s patients report they feel well enough to return to work about five to seven days after surgery. After about 14 days, you can resume a light exercise routine, and rigorous workouts can be resumed after four to six weeks.
With breast reduction surgery, you’ll see the difference in your figure immediately after surgery. As the swelling dissipates, the improvements in your breast appearance will become more pronounced, while still looking natural.
Other Breast Enhancement Options in New York City and New Jersey
Some of the other breast enhancement options offered at the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale include the following:
The Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify breast reduction surgery as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. However, your insurance plan may cover the procedure if it is undertaken to reduce the weight of the breasts to relieve pain. If your health insurance plan provides benefits for the breast reduction procedure, our insurance specialist will work with you through the process of authorizing the procedure. Once the insurance provider approves services and verifies the benefits, a member of our business team will assist you with determining your financial responsibility for deductibles and co-pays.
To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014