Liposuction for Men in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers liposuction for men who desire a fresh look.
Many men have also experienced the frustration of living with stubborn fat deposits that resist all their attempts to diet and exercise them away. If this sounds like your situation, then you might want to consider liposuction. This minimally invasive procedure can be done under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort and no pain to remove excess fat in selected cases, so you have the sleek and toned appearance you desire.
Some of the common areas where Dr. Giampapa uses liposuction include the following:
- Stomach and waistline
- Thighs, hips, and buttocks (saddlebag area)
- Upper arms, neck, and back
- Cheeks and chin (removing jowls and double chins)
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Liposuction Surgery in New York and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether liposuction surgery is the right solution for you, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate:
- Are you within 30 pounds of your optimal weight?
- Have you tried diet and exercise to lose the fat without success?
- Are you a non-smoker or do you plan to quit before you have surgery?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the liposuction procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery. If both you and the physician decide that liposuction is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if liposuction for men is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Liposuction Surgery for Men in New York and New Jersey
Before Your Liposuction Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your liposuction surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your liposuction surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- The doctor starts the liposuction procedure by making a small incision in the area where he plans to remove the fat and then injecting a salt water solution to prevent excessive bleeding and damage to the surrounding tissues. He will then insert a small thin tube into the incision and move it back and forth to loosen the fatty tissue, after which he vacuums out the excess fat.
- The final step of the procedure is to close the wound, suture it, and apply dressings. At this point, the team will transfer you to the recovery area.
Your Recovery after Liposuction
- After you have recovered from most of the sedation, and the doctor approves your departure, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection and pain control medicine. Most patients find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
- As you heal from surgery, you’ll need to wear a special compression garment. Most patients feel well enough to return to work within a couple of days.
After the first few weeks, any bruising associated with the liposuction procedure, as well as the majority of the swelling, will fade, and you will realize the results of the liposuction in a few months as your skin adjusts to covering less area.
Other Plastic Surgery Options for Men in New York and New Jersey
So everyone can look and feel their best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following plastic surgery procedures for men in New York and New Jersey:
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of Liposuction for Men in New York and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify liposuction for men as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014