Lower Lid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers Lower Lid Surgery to patients who desire a younger, fresher look.
Do you have baggy and puffy lower eyelids that make you appear worn down and tired? If so, lower lid surgery may be the proper procedure for you. In this minimally invasive procedure, excess fat is removed from the lower lid and the skin is tightened, allowing for a fresher, more youthful look.
For a consultation to find out which minimally invasive facial surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for a Lower Lid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey?
While it’s impossible to definitively tell you whether lower lid surgery is the right solution for you without a consultation with Dr. Giampapa, here are a few questions to consider before your consultation to help you determine whether you’re a suitable candidate for the procedure:
- Are you concerned that bags under your eyes make you look tired?
- Is your facial skin and tissue healthy?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of lower lid surgery?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During your appointment, your doctor will review your medical history with you and address any questions or concerns you may have before exploring your options to accomplish your goals for aesthetic surgery. If you and your physician come to the conclusion that lower lid surgery is the best option for you, he will provide instruction about how to prepare for surgery, along with information regarding local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if lower lid surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Lower Lid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Lower Lid Surgery
To prepare for your lower lid surgery, you’ll be asked to do the following:
- Refrain from tobacco use for several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that could potentially increase the risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your lower lid surgery you can expect the following to occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for the operation and answer any last minute questions you may have.
- Your doctor will administer anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure. Typically local anesthesia is sufficient for a procedure of this nature, although your doctor will discuss with you the type of anesthesia he will be using.
- Once the anesthesia takes full effect, your doctor will make an incision just under the eyelash line.
- Next, your doctor will remove any pockets of excess fat and tissue. Then he will repair and tighten the connective tissues and muscles and remove any extra skin.
- Your doctor will then close the wound with dissolvable sutures and tape before you are transferred to the recovery area for observation as the effects of the anesthesia wear off.
Your Recovery After a Lower Lid Surgery
Once you have recovered from the procedure and the doctor has approved your departure, you’ll be free to go home. As part of you aftercare plan, you may receive a prescription for special eye treatments, pain control medicine, and antibiotics to prevent infection. Most people only find they need the pain medicine for about 48 hours after the procedure before they can manage the discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
You will need to apply cold compresses to your eyes to minimize swelling once you’re home. Most of the swelling should disappear in about 10 days, after which you can return to your normal routine with a fresher, more youthful look.
Facial Surgery Options Available in New York City and New Jersey
So you can look and feel your best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following facial surgery procedures in New York and New Jersey:
- Chin Augmentation
- Eyelid Surgery
- Fat Transfer to the Face (“Stem Cell Facelift”)
- Malar Fat Pad Facelift
- Neck Lift
- G String Neck Lift
- Suture Suspension
- Neck Enhancement
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of a Lower Lid Surgery in New York and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify facial procedures as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!October 15, 2014