Thigh Lift in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers thigh lifts to patients who desire a fresh look.
Whether you are not able to shape your thighs due to heredity and age weakening of the underlying supportive tissues or your skin has lost its elasticity during rapid weight swings, thigh lift surgery offers you a solution. For patients who have stubborn fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise, the doctors at the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale may recommend liposuction in addition to a thigh lift.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Thigh Lift Surgery in New York and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether thigh lift surgery is the right solution for your concerns about the appearance of your thighs, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate for thigh lift surgery:
- Does the appearance of your thighs bother you because they are not as toned as you would like them to be?
- Have you tried diet and exercise to shape your thighs without success?
- Are you a non-smoker or do you plan to quit before you have surgery?
- Do you intend to maintain your current weight?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the thigh lift procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery. If both you and the physician decide that thigh lift surgery is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if thigh lift surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Thigh Lift Surgery in New York and New Jersey
Before Your Thigh Lift Surgery
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your thigh lift surgery include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your thigh lift surgery, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- The doctor starts the thigh lift procedure by making an incision in your groin area, which limits the visibility of any scarring. If indicated, the next step is for the doctor to perform liposuction to remove any fat deposits. The doctor then removes the excess fat and tissue from your thighs, sculpts the remaining tissue and excises any extra skin.
- If indicated, a drain may also be inserted before the doctor closes the incision.
- The final step of the procedure is to close the wound, suture it, and apply dressings. At this point, the team will transfer you to the recovery area.
Your Recovery after Thigh Lift Surgery
- After you have recovered from most of the sedation, and the doctor approves your departure, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection and pain control medicine. Most people find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
As your thighs heal from surgery, you’ll need to wear a special compression garment. Most of Dr. Giampapa’s patients report they feel well enough to return to work about 48 hours after surgery. With thigh lift surgery, you’ll see the difference immediately after surgery. As the swelling dissipates, the improvements in your appearance will become more pronounced, while still looking natural.
Other Body Contouring Options in New York and New Jersey
Some of the other body contouring options offered at the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale include the following:
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of Thigh Lift Surgery in New York and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify thigh lift surgery as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014