Upper Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers Upper Eyelid Surgery to patients who desire a younger, fresher look.
Years of blinking thousands of times a day can take a toll on delicate skin on the eyelids. Because this skin is a lot thinner than the rest of the face and has fewer moisture glands, it’s more prone to sagging and stretching from age. This effect is compounded by squinting, rubbing the eye, and sun exposure.
One of the ways Dr. Giampapa can treat aging eyelids by performing upper eyelid surgery. This operation will leave you with youthful, full upper eyelids that are smooth and free of fatty pouches, making them an ideal canvas for applying eye shadow.
For a consultation to find out which minimally invasive facial surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for an Upper Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey?
While it’s impossible to definitively tell you whether upper eyelid surgery is the right solution for you without a consultation with Dr. Giampapa, here are a few questions to consider before your consultation to help you determine whether you’re a suitable candidate for the procedure:
- Does the skin of your upper lids droop over the eyes, potentially making it difficult to apply eye shadow or interfering with vision?
- Do you have excess skin around the eyes that appears puffy?
- Do your eyes lack a natural crease as a result of heredity?
- Is your facial skin and tissue healthy?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the upper eyelid surgery?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During your appointment, your doctor will review your medical history with you and address any questions or concerns you may have before exploring your options to accomplish your goals for aesthetic surgery. If you and your physician come to the conclusion that upper eyelid surgery is the best option for you, he will provide instruction about how to prepare for surgery, along with information regarding local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if an upper eyelid surgery is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After Upper Eyelid Surgery in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Upper Eyelid Surgery
To prepare for your upper eyelid surgery, you’ll be asked to do the following:
- Refrain from tobacco use for several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that could potentially increase the risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your upper eyelid surgery you can expect the following to occur:
- First, the surgical team will prep you for the operation and answer any of your last minute questions.
- Your doctor will administer anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure. Typically local anesthesia will suffice for a procedure of this nature; however, if you desire general anesthesia you can discuss it with your doctor.
- Once the anesthesia takes full effect, your doctor will make an incision in the eyelid crease, which will conceal any scarring once the lid heals.
- Next, your doctor will remove any pockets of excess fat and tissue, repair and tighten the connective tissues and muscles, and remove any extra skin.
- Your doctor will then close the wound with dissolvable sutures and tape. Afterwards, you will be transferred to the recovery area for observation until the effects of the anesthesia wear off.
Your Recovery After an Upper Eyelid Surgery
Once you have recovered from the procedure and the doctor has approved your departure, you’ll be able to go home. As part of you aftercare plan, your doctor may prescribe special eye treatments, pain control medicine, and antibiotics to prevent infection. Typically people find they only need to take the pain medicine for about 48 hours after the procedure before they can manage the discomfort with over-the-counter treatments.
At home, you will need to apply cold compresses to your eyes to reduce swelling. Generally, the majority of the swelling should disappear in about 10 days, after which you can return to your normal routine with fresher looking eyes.
Facial Surgery Options Available in New York City and New Jersey
So you can look and feel your best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following facial surgery procedures in New York and New Jersey:
- Chin Augmentation
- Eyelid Surgery
- Fat Transfer to the Face (“Stem Cell Facelift”)
- Malar Fat Pad Facelift
- Neck Lift
- G String Neck Lift
- Suture Suspension
- Neck Enhancement
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of an Upper Eyelid Surgery in New York and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify facial procedures as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!October 15, 2014